Warehouses Will Be Closed May 26-29
Block Heads 2 - Block 40
Block Heads 2 - Block 40
I'm channeling Carol Burnett... I'm so glad we had this time together, just to have a laugh or sew a block. Seems we just get started and before you know it... wait, we're not done! We've still got thirteen weeks to go!
We start the last round of Block Heads 2 blocks today with Lynne Hagmeier's Ribbon Star - Block 40. Lynne has a terrific blog post looking back on 2018 - A Look Back.
We've also got the Final Quilt Assembly Layout and digital images of the quilts - without the last thirteen blocks. But first Lynne's block...
Michele's block - the fabrics are from Jo Morton's Timeless collection.
When we started Block Heads 1 - we didn't know it was No. 1 at the time - we didn't have a layout. We were going to make blocks and let everybody "do their thing" for a setting. As much fun as that was, we wanted to do something very different this time.
A random set sampler with mixed sizes of blocks.
To do that, we had to start with a plan. A layout - that came first.
This is the quilt minus the last thirteen blocks. (Lynne has an image with Ribbon Star placed.) I know, the image is odd-looking. It's like an incomplete puzzle.
We also have the Final Quilt Assembly diagrams complete. This is what's included:
- Basic instructions for assembly.
- Layout with the blocks placed by number.
- Layout with the blocks placed by size.
- An assembly layout for each of the four parts of the quilt top.
Final Quilt Assembly Instructions.
Just in case you missed it - Block 40 - Ribbon Star.
Lynne says Hi - and get busy.
Remember... if the blogs aren't up or the links aren't working, check the Moda Block Heads 2 Archive. Because if you're reading this, it's already been updated and it will have what you're looking for.
If you want to see what the other Block Heads have made, here's where to look:
- Lynne’s Blog / Facebook / Website
- Barbara & Mary – Me & My Sister’s Blog / Instagram
- Brigitte Heitland – Zen Chic’s Blog / Instagram
- Vanessa Goertzen – Lella Boutique’s Blog / Instagram
- Betsy’s Blog / Facebook / Instagram
- Stacy Iest Hsu’s Blog / Instagram
- Jan’s Blog / Website
- Laurie Simpson’s Blog / Instagram
- Jo’s Blog / Instagram
- Sherri McConnell – A Quilting Life’s Blog / Instagram
- Lisa’s Blog / Website / Instagram
- Corey Yoder’s Blog / Instagram
Then be sure to check the Moda Blockheads Facebook Group and the blocks being posted on Instagram – #ModaBlockheads.
That's it for this week and Block 40.