Block Heads 3 - Archive
Block Heads 3 - Archive
Welcome to the Moda Block Heads - Round 3!
This is a listing of the blocks in this round. We'll update this every week as new blocks are released. The link to the Designer blog will be added on Wednesday, and the link to the block instructions will be added on Friday.
The blocks will be listed in reverse order - the newest blocks are first. The layout options are after the blocks.
Compass Point by Brigitte Heitland - Block 19
- Brigitte's Blog post for Block 19
- Block 19 Instructions
Bird And Urn by Jan Patek - Block 18
Crossroads by Betsy Chutchian - Block 17
Dream by Sherri McConnell - Block 16
Starry Eyed by Corey Yoder - Block 15
Summer Breeze by Joanna Figueroa - Block 14
The Baldwin by Jen Kingwell - Block 13
- Jen's blog post - an introduction to Jen, pictures of Jen's shop and where she lives and the link to the instructions.
- Block 13 Instructions & Foundations
Hampshire Star by Janet Clare - Block 12
- Janet's blog post - there are five options for the block layout using the same parts and the link to the instructions.
- Block 12 Instructions
Blooming Love by Robin Pickens - Block No. 11
- Robin's blog post with block instructions - there are also terrific piecing tips.
- Block 11 Instructions
Windmill by Stacy Iest Hsu - Block No. 10
- Stacy's blog post about Windmill - there is a lovely story about the block inspiration.
- Block 10 Instructions
Taos by Vanessa Goertzen - Block No. 9
Nine-Patch by Laurie Simpson - Block No. 8
- Laurie's post with an Uneven Nine-Patch Block variation for 4" and 8" blocks
- Block 8 Instructions - 6" and 12" blocks
- Block 8 Instructions - 4" and 8" blocks
Zest by Lissa Alexander - Block No. 7
Magic by Lisa Bongean - Block No. 6
LOVE by Brigitte Heitland - Block No. 5
- Brigitte's post with ideas for how else to use the block
- Block 5 Instructions & Paper Foundations
- Joanna's LOVE Block Variation
Birdhouse by Jan Patek - Block No. 4
- Jan's post sharing Birdhouse and other projects
- Block 4 Instructions & Appliqué Templates
- Stacy Iest Hsu's Alternate Birdshouse Pieced Block
- Joanna Figueroa's Alternate House Block
- Lisa Bongean's Alternate Block
Crown and Star by Betsy Chutchian - Block No. 3
Sunshine Star by Sherri McConnell - Block 2
Star Chain by Corey Yoder - Block 1
- Corey's post with alternate piecing method
- Block 1 Instructions
- Lisa Bongean's Instructions for a 4" version of Star Chain
- Corey Yoder's Layout
- Vanessa Goertzen's Layout
- Brigitte Heitland's Layout
- Lisa Bongean's Layout
- Moda Layout Option 1
- Moda Layout Option 2
- Moda Layout Option 3
- Moda Layout Option 4
Frequently Asked Block Heads Questions
The list of Moda Designers for Block Heads 3 in the order of sharing blocks:
- Corey Yoder of Coriander Quilts
- Sherri McConnell of A Quilting Life
- Betsy Chutchian
- Jan Patek
- Brigitte Heitland of Zen Chic
- Lisa Bongean of Primitive Gatherings
- Lissa Alexander
- Laurie Simpson
- Vanessa Goertzen of Lella Boutique
- Stacy Iest Hsu
- Robin Pickens
- Janet Clare
- Jen Kingwell
- Joanna Figueroa of Fig Tree & Co.
For ALL of the links to the patterns for Block Heads 2, Vanessa Goertzen of Lella Boutique has the list - Moda Block Heads 2: The Finish Line.