FOMO. The Fear of Missing Out. It’s a powerful motivator, especially when the activity involved is creative, inspirational and fun.
As quilters, participating in a quilt-along can provide us with camaraderie, an opportunity to learn new techniques and tips, and the focus to get something made.
While there will be other adventures added along the way, this is what we've already got on our calendar for the next twelve months.
November 2020 – A Blooming Bunch Flower Girl
- Starting date - Monday, November 30. (Intro - Friday, November 20.)
- Duration – 2 weeks.
- Collection – A Blooming Bunch by Maureen McCormick
- Pattern – Flower Girl by Camille Roskelley for Thimble Blossoms. (TB151)
December 2020 – Log Cabin QAL
- Starting date – Thursday, December 31.
- Duration – 4 days / New Year’s Weekend.
- Collection – Anything goes.
- Pattern – No specific pattern. Patterns, books and tool options will be suggested in the weeks leading up to the start. And we'll have a tutorial or two.
January/February 2021 – Primitive Gatherings American Quilter SAL
- Starting date – early-February.
- Duration – 20 weeks.
- Collection – American Gatherings by Primitive Gatherings.
- Yardage required: 1 FQ Bundle of American Gatherings and 4 yards of background – Primitive Gatherings Navy Primitive Muslin (SKU 1040-42) or BasicGrey Grunge in Eggshell (SKU 30150 531).
- Pattern – Lisa Bongean will be sharing one block each week on her blog. The pattern is available as a free download.
March 2021 – Jardin de Fleur Swoon Sixteen
- Starting date – early March.
- Duration – 7 weeks.
- Collection – Jardin de Fleur by French General.
- Pattern – Swoon Sixteen by Camille Roskelley for Thimble Blossoms. (TB188)
January through December 2021 – My Favorite Color is Moda
- Starting date – Monday, January 4, 2021
- Duration – 12 months.
- Collection – My Favorite Color is Moda Bella Palettes.
- Pattern – My Favorite Color is Moda Sampler Pattern Booklet
There will be more information coming along the way as a few of the dates might change a tiny bit depending on when the collections will be in shops. And we're sure we'll be adding to this in the coming months because we do love a quilt-along. (It's our best reason for sewing at work!)
Let us know if you have any ideas, especially if there is something you'd like us to add to our list. We are planning to have a mix of short- and long-term QALs, some that are collection and/or pattern specific, and a few that are simply about having fun.
Because who wants to miss out on that?
Stay well and have a terrific weekend.